Why use Fairdeal Properties to manage your property?
I was thinking, with online companies such as Openrent & Purple Bricks offering tenant finding services starting at £40.00, why would a landlord use an estate agent and pay them 10% of the total rent?
I then browsed through some of the advice we had given to our landlords over the last few weeks and came up with the below list of regulations we touched upon:
- Fire and Furnishings Regulations 1988 & 1993.
- Gas Safety (Installation and use) Regulations 1998.
- Electrical Safety Standards in the Private Rented Sector (England) Regulations 2020.
- The Electrical Equipment (Safety) Regulations 1994
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002: Legionella & Legionnaires Disease
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002: Landlords, under Section 53 of HSWA are regarded as being self-employed and tenants fall into the class of "other persons (not being his employees)"
- The Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarm (England) Regulations 2015
- Right to Rent Immigration Act 2014
These are just a few of the rules and regulations that landlords must meet even before finding a tenant, let alone all the regulations around setting up a tenancy, reference checks, deposit protection, maintenance to name a few more.
Yes the other online agents may find you a tenant for £40.00 but using an agent such as Fairdeal Properties to manage your residential property will not only find you a tenant but let you sleep easy at night 😉
Not sure about you, but I believe a good night’s sleep is priceless…